Thursday Folders, March 5, 2020
Posted: Mar 05, 2020
- HELP WANTED! All 4 positions on the PTSO board are up for election for the 2020/21 school year. We need a president, vice president, treasurer, and secretary to support the school vision and continue the great partnership between the school and parent community. Please consider joining this amazing team! Reach out to email@example.com with any interest!
- Thank you for your continued support around Asbury’s non-student contact days. Attached is the calendar for the 2020-2021 school year. Please review the calendar closely, as it is different from the district calendar. As always, let us know what questions you have.
- All parents/visitors MUST sign in the office and obtain a visitor’s badge before entering the school. This is for the safety of ALL children, thank you for your support!
- It is planning time for the next school year and the office needs to know if your child is not going to attend Asbury next year for whatever reason. Please let the office know.
- If you happen to be at the store grabbing hand sanitizer, please grab an extra small bottle for the school. No obligation, just an ask!
- Questions about how Denver Public Schools is handling the Coronavirus? Please follow this link to learn more.
- CMAS Help Request:
- We are looking for volunteers to support with lunch and recess duty during CMAS Testing after Spring Break. Please click on the following link and sign up for some time slots! Thank you in advance for your support. CMAS Lunch/Recess Duty Support Sign Up Genius
Read-A-Thon Packets coming home today!
- Please check your child’s backpack for the Read-A-Thon packet. It includes:
- A reading log to help track the time they read.
- A feather tear sheet so that they can report the minutes they have read and participate in the all-school and classroom competitions.
** The first reading feather should be returned to school tomorrow – Friday, March 6th.
Read-A-Thon Volunteer Sign Up
- We could use a few more hands-on-deck next week. Please click the link to see how you can help:
Read-A-Thon Volunteer Sign Up
Save the Date for Spring Wing
- Get ready to transport yourself to the tropics for our 5th annual adults-only fundraiser. The evening includes food, drinks, entertainment, and an auction. Mark your calendars and book your sitters for May 2, 2020.
- We need your help gathering items for our auction. Please see the Spring Wing flyer in last week’s Deet for more information.
- Spring Wing Volunteer Party scheduled for Wednesday, March 11th from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. See the flyer for more details.
Chess Wizards – new session
Skate Start – new Session
Read-A-Thon Packet – English
Read-A-Thon Packet – Spanish
Spring Wing Volunteer Party Flyer
Yearbook Order Form
Month at a Glance
March 8 – DU Women’s Gymnastics –
March 12 – Kinder WOW Show
March 12 – Dine out for Asbury – Illegal Pete’s
March 13 – Student Council – Mustache Day
March 18 – 6:00-7:00 – CMAS Parent Night
March 19 – State Funding Walk – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
March 20 – Student Council – Sports Jersey Day
March 24 –3rd and 5th Grade Concert
March 26 – 3rd Grade Wolf Trials at DU (10:00 am-2:30 pm)
March 26 – Student Council – Spirit Day – Wear blue or your Asbury T-Shirt
March 27 – Asbury only Planning Day – No School for Students
March 30 -April 3 – Spring Break
April 6 – District-Wide Planning day – NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
April 7 – Students return to school
April 7 – CSC & PTSO Meetings
April 8 – CMAS TESTING BEGINS FOR 3RD – 5TH GRADE – the schedule is on the website
April 15 – Parent Night – Gun Storage safety – Discussion
April 17 – Student Council – Asbury Spirit day – Wear Blue or your Asbury T-Shirt
April 17 – Staff vs. student Soccer Game – Carnival Bid winners
April 21 – Dine out for Asbury – BIRD CALL
April 21 – First Grade Music Concert
April 23 – Kindergarten Music Concert
April 24 – Student Council – Look alike day
April 24 – Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
April 24 – Rain Date Staff vs. Student soccer game
April 28 – Class Picture Day
April 29 – Fifth Grade to the Rockies game – Weather and Science day
May 1 – Student Council – MisMatch Day
May 2 – SPRING WING
May 5 – CSC and PTSO Meetings
May 6 – CMAS Celebration – Skate City – 3rd – 5th Graders
May 7-8 – 5th Graders to Balarat
May 8 – Asbury Only Planning day No school for students – 5th graders at Balarat
May 14 – 1st – 5th – WOW Show
May 14 – Spring Expo
May 15 – Dine Out for Asbury – Kona Ice
May 15 – Student Council – 80’s Day
May 15 – Field Day (Rain Date May 22)
May 18 – 5th Grade to Ameritown
May 22 Student Council – Spirit Day
May 22 – Best Assembly
May 22 – “I Mustache you to Dance” Spring Dance Sponsored by the office
May 25 – Memorial Day – No School
May 28 -9:30 – 11:00 – 5th Grade Continuation
May 29 – Last day of School – Half day