School tours will be available on the following dates from 9:00am to 10:00am. Please call the office at 720-424-9750 to schedule a time to come visit Asbury!
- November 2nd
- November 9th
- November 30th
- December 7th
- December 14th
- January 11th – Kindergarten Jubilee (8:45am – 10:00am)*
- January 25th – Kindergarten Jubilee (8:45am – 10:00am)*
*Kindergarten Jubilee Days – Come and hear from our kindergarten teachers, some student ambassadors and our principal to learn all about life as a kindergartener at Asbury! Note, the Kindergarten Jubilee Days start at 8:45am instead of 9:00 like the normal tour days.
Asbury, Did You Know…
- We have a garden club that grows and sells vegetables/herbs at after school Farmers Markets and serves them on the school salad bar at lunchtime.
- Kids recycle and compost at lunch and breakfast (free morning breakfast at 8am!)
- After school enrichment programs include: Art, Club Amigos (Spanish), Science Matters, Sticky Fingers Cooking, Bricks 4 Kids (Lego Engineering), Running Eagles Club, Chess Club, Yoga, Band, Beyblades, Skate Start, and KidStage (theatre).
- DU interns and Regis students are working with our students on a regular basis.
- Asbury families and staff come together to make culturally responsive decisions about programming.
- There is a fabulous student talent show in the spring for your kids to show off their creative talents.
- Starting in first grade, students get a locker to use at school.
- There is an Asbury Kids Run in the spring, and you can join the parents running group at AsburyRunning@googlegroups.com.
- There is technology in EVERY classroom to help prepare students for the 21st Century. We also have Chromebooks, iPads, Promethean Boards, and document cameras that students use across the grade levels and curriculum.
- Every Thursday, school information is sent out via School Deets (our communication platform, accessible via phone or desktop).
- Homework varies between grade levels.
- There is a fun Fall Carnival every year.
- Asbury has a diverse student body, with at least 12 different languages and ethnicities represented.
- Asbury emphasizes students doing their BEST as a part of Positive Behavior Supports. This provides common expectations for every area of the school.
- If you are interested in talking with a current parent, please feel free to contact the Asbury Office and they will get you in touch with someone!