Thursday, October 22, 2020
Posted October 22, 2020
Welcoming back kids this week, online and in person, felt so good! We know there are a lot of changes to what school has looked like but your students handled it all with ease and grace. Thank you for supporting them through this transition. A few things to know:
- We know that changing homerooms has been hard on some students. We will continue to support them and their needs through this but know that all decisions were made with student safety in mind.
- Children cannot bounce back and forth from in-person to remote. If children are sick, please call the office to access the remote environment for that period of time. If it is an unexcused absence students will NOT be able to access virtual learning.
- If you notice that your child’s mask does not stay on their face, please choose another mask. Old Navy has children’s sized masks that fit perfectly and are adjustable. We have a few extra on hand for those who need them, but are looking for donations. Thanks in advance!
- Hand washing. Please watch this quick video on handwashing with your child to share expectations.
- Please remind your child at home about social distancing- we use the terms airplane arms or zombie arms as a minimum measurement of space.
- The above guidelines will keep everyone safe and Asbury open, thank you for your support!
- ANY AND ALL COVID questions should be directed to the Nurse’s office at 720424-9755
- Remote families: Please call the office to schedule a time to pick up school supplies for your child for the next Quarter.
- If a student is going to be picked up by someone that isn’t their parent/legal guardian, please call the office and let Maggie know who to put on your pick up list.
- Kiss N Go drop off and pick up will now ONLY be on Marion St. side.
- Please call the Attendance line (720)424-9797 if your student will be absent from class (for in-person AND remote).
- School Breakfast and Lunch Menus can be found in the DPS School Cafe – https://www.schoolcafe.com/menus/0 (just go in as a guest – don’t worry about making an account and adding your kids. You need to choose Asbury as the school to see our menu options for each day. If you have a student at another school, you can switch schools as a guest and see their menu. Also at the bottom of the Thursday folders, there is the October Breakfast and Lunch Menus to print out or reference too.
- Zoom Recording from Monday’s Town Hall Meeting supporting 2nd- 5th-grade families with return to school questions. Here is the padlet to ask questions or review responses. Please add more questions as we move forward.!
- Please review these guidelines for arrival and dismissal. We will also have created a map for you to know which entrance and exit to use for your student.
- If you missed tea with Mrs. Doung, then take a moment to watch this short video of Jeanna introducing herself! Here is a link to the video!
- This link will direct you where to sign up to be a Gatekeeper Helper (support staff and students on the playground to social distance and remain 6ft apart)
- Here is the link to the form for where you would like to pick your student up from school Monday-Friday. Please fill this out so we know where your kiddo should be at the end of the day! Please complete this by 10/21.
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign in/out QR code on the office door you can use.
- Dine Out:
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- Morgan’s Liquors – 10/31 (Halloween!) – ALL DAY – Spend $1-$49 (10% donation), $50-$99 (15% donation), $100+ (20% donation)
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
- The Asbury Backpack Program Needs Your Help!
Sign Up Here to help support Asbury families with food boxes.
- PTSO meetings will be on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30 pm. Please join us next Tuesday, November 3rd for our next meeting.
- This is the Link for the Zoom
- Open Positions for Room Supporters (formally called Room Parents) Would you like to support classroom teachers while getting to know fellow families in your children’s class or grade? Then, being a Room Supporter is a great job for you! This year, the role of a Room Supporter looks different than years past, but it is even more important to ensure that communication and community building is at the forefront. If you would like to learn more about being a Room Supporter and would like to see the revised Room Supporter Handbook during this time of Covid-19, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, @ firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for Room Supporters to support our wonderful staff and students. You will notice that we created the role of Support Staff Supporter and Specials Staff Supporter to ensure that all staff and students receive the help they deserve. If you are interested in learning more about the role, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Here are the classes and teams where we are looking for support:
4th Grade – Ms. Van Sant: 5th Grade – Mr. Altenburger: Support Team Supporter (supports MM, GT, ELD, Intervention, and Psychology): Specials Team Supporter (supports Music, Technology, P.E., and Art)
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- We have a new Advocacy Page on the Asbury website where you can find information about how to get involved and make your voice heard! Check it out HERE!
10/31 – Dine out for Asbury at Morgan’s Liquors
11/6 – 11/19 – We Heart Asbury Direct Give Campaign
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
October Breakfast Menu
October Lunch Menu
Updated Chess Wizards