Thursday, March 12, 2021
Posted March 12, 2021
A note from Sean Precious, our Instructional Superintendent about the Principal Selection Process:
Dear Asbury Elementary School Community,
After a robust and thorough principal selection process, we are excited to announce that Jeanna Doung has been selected as the new principal of Asbury Elementary School for the 2021-2022 school year. We are confident Jeanna will build upon the many strengths of Asbury and that she will carry and expand Asbury’s strong foundation of success for students.
Jeanna Doung has been with DPS for over 10 years. Over these ten years, she has taught, coached, and worked with the literacy department. Currently, she is an interim principal at Asbury Elementary. Prior to coming to Denver, she lived and taught abroad for 9 years of her career, including Guatemala, South Korea, and Cambodia.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who contributed input and feedback into the selection process. A huge thank you and my sincerest gratitude also goes out to the Collaborative School Committee (CSC) for their hard work and being an integral part of this process. These committees served the school community very well and their unwavering commitment to the ongoing success of Asbury throughout the hiring process was apparent at every turn. I also want to thank the greater Asbury community for providing such rich feedback after viewing the candidate’s videos. We appreciate your engagement in this remote setting.
Look forward to more communication from Jeanna soon. For the moment, please join me in welcoming Jeanna as the new principal of Asbury Elementary! Here is a link to the letter in Spanish (that starts on the 2nd page).
Regional Instructional Superintendent
- Huge thanks to Catherine Cole for coming to our Community Circle last Friday and having us engage in mindfulness! If you are interested in sharing your gifts/ideas during these monthly Community Circles, please reach out to Jeanna!
- Asbury will have an Open Mic Night on March 25 at 7pm! See this flyer for details!
- The Asbury Talent Show will be Wednesday, May 12th at 7pm! See this flyer for details and there will be more information to come after spring break!
- Summer Camp registration is now open! More information and where to sign up HERE. Check out the flyers below.
- CMAS Assessment Calendar (English) – updated
- CMAS Assessment Calendar (Spanish) – updated
- Thank you for coming to A Magical Evening at Asbury! The evening was a tremendous success due to YOU, our amazing community!
- PTSO Board Elections are coming up in May and we now have 1 open position: President! Please consider running-we need you! And this is a position that you could team up with a friend! No prior experience is required, just a desire to be involved in helping the Asbury community thrive! See the flyer below for position descriptions and duties. Please email Asbury.PTSO@gmail.com or call Kristi Leech (303) 548-1289 to discuss the different roles or for any further questions.
- Help wanted! The Asbury Backpack Program provides families in our community with a backpack of nutritious food every Thursday. If you’d like to receive a backpack, and are not already a part of the program please sign up by clicking on one of the links below:.
Receive a Backpack Recibir una mochilia de comida
The Backpack program is run by volunteers. If you would like to help by filling and delivering backpacks Sign Up HERE.
If you would like to provide a monetary donation to support families in our community you can send your donation via Venmo to @AsburyPTSO (in the comments put a note that it’s for the backpack program).
If you have questions please contact the co-Chairs of the program:
Amy Fitzgerald firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Cauthon email@example.com
John Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTSO meetings will be on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm. Our next meeting is April 6th.
- 3/19/21 – Dine Out event with Euro Crepes
- 4/12/21 – Dine Out event with Torchy’s Tacos
- 4/26 /21 – 4/30/21 – Read-A-Thon
- 5/3/21 – Dine Out event with Chipotle
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated)NEW Info.
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Important Information from Previous Thursday Folders
Asbury Open Mic Night
ASBURY TALENT SHOW SAVE THE DATE!
Fee-Based Summer Camp Flyer
Grant Based Summer Camp Flyer
DL Summer Camp Overview
PTSO Board Duties and Position Descriptions