Thursday, January 21, 2021
Posted January 29, 2021
Over the last couple of weeks, we have engaged in conversations about our vision and priorities and why we love Asbury. This week we have centered these conversations around our most valued member of our community-our students. Students have shared many reasons why they love Asbury, which includes loving Asbury because…
- …they feel safe at Asbury and feel accepted and included.
- …they love being with their friends and being part of a community.
- …their teachers support them in learning new things and they care about them.
- …they love the playground- playtime is the best time!
We have also heard feedback that you all would like more opportunities to be present in the school! Based on these and other things shared, we are going to shake up how we do Eaglet Cohorts in the spring semester! We have also been missing whole-school assemblies, so to ensure we are celebrating community and having time as a school, we are going to start school-wide Eaglet Celebration Fridays! The first Friday of each month will be dedicated to Eaglet Celebration Fridays! Our first Eaglet Celebration will be Friday, 2/5 from 8:25-8:50- please join us using this link!
- Next Thursday, 2/5 will be Mismatch Day! Get crazy by mixing up different colors and patterns!
- We have finally rescheduled picture day! February 9th will be K-2nd grade and February 10th will be 3rd-5th. We have them scheduled outside to ensure everyone’s safety due to COVID-19. For remote students, there are two options for picture day. You can email Ms. Maggie a picture of your choice, or we will have a designated 30-minute window from 11:30 am-12 pm on the 9th and 10th for remote students to get their pictures taken.
- Water bottle and snack donations would be much appreciated!!
- Discovery Link Summer Camp Registration Opens Feb. 8: Discovery Link has been running safe in-person programming since last July, leading DPS in developing safe COVID protocols and practices. We can’t wait to host camps in Summer 2021. Please share this opportunity with your students and families: Registration for summer programming opens on Feb. 8. Families who are new to Discovery link can register here, and returning families can register here. To learn more about summer program offerings, COVID-19 precautions and registration changes, click here.
- The Asbury Direct Give Campaign will begin on February 22nd and culminate on March 6th with our “A Magical Evening with Asbury” Virtual Fundraiser event taking place from 5pm – 6:30pm. Mark the date on your calendar and be sure to share with family, friends, neighbors and alumni. More details coming soon!
- PTSO Needs You!! **NEW**Do you have access to a mountain house that would be perfect for Asbury’s Direct Give Silent Auction? We are looking to auction off 2-7 night mountain home stays, so the Asbury community can have opportunities to have safe Covid vacations while raising money for our school. If you are interested in donating your place, please contact Meaghan McCabe @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!!!
In the past, our buy a share events (aka “experiences”) that were sold at the Asbury auctions were great successes! Who wouldn’t want to socialize, get to know other community members better, and have a great time! Well, we can still do it, albeit following Covid regulations. We are looking for families to host virtual get togethers for our buy a share events for the Asbury Direct Give campaign! You can host a game night, a murder mystery night, a wine tasting event, and more! The ideas are endless and so much fun! If you are interested in hosting an event, please contact Meaghan McCabe @ email@example.com. Thanks for your support.
- Advocacy update! **NEW** – Great Education Colorado works hard to ensure our public schools are equitably funded by working with state legislators, communities and students. They have a newly revamped website and they are gearing up for the new legislative season! Learn about how public schools are funded here in Colorado and get involved! Click HERE to link to their website.
- Help wanted! The Asbury Backpack Program provides families in our community with a backpack of nutritious food every Thursday. If you’d like to receive a backpack, and are not already a part of the program please sign up by clicking on one of the links below:.
Receive a Backpack Recibir una mochilia de comida
The Backpack program is run by volunteers. If you would like to help by filling and delivering backpacks Sign Up HERE.
If you would like to provide a monetary donation to support families in our community you can send your donation via Venmo to @AsburyPTSO (in the comments put a note that it’s for the backpack program).
If you have questions please contact the co-Chairs of the program:
Amy Fitzgerald firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Cauthon email@example.com
John Bradley firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTSO meetings will be on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm. Our next meeting is next Tuesday, February 2nd.
- 2/2/21 – PTSO Meeting via Zoom at 6pm
- 2/9/21 – Dine Out event with Bird Call
- 2/12/21 – No School
- 2/22/21 – 3/6/21 – Direct Give Campaign
- 3/6/21 – A Magical Evening with Asbury Virtual Event
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated)
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Important Information from Previous Thursday Folders
A Magical Evening with Asbury
Spring 2021 National Flag Football Flyer
Picture Day Flyer
Picture Day Order Form Information