Thursday Folders, September 17th, 2020
Posted September 17, 2020
Please join us tonight from 5-6 for an all school Town Hall to review our return to school plan. Here is the presentation we will be reviewing and here is a padlet for your questions.
Here is the zoom link to join the meeting.
Meeting ID: 974 1723 0869
Here is the phone number to call if you need translation into another language:
Meeting ID: 388 717 4451
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,3887174451# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,3887174451# US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 388 717 4451
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/korG2vZQa
- Denver Public Schools will continue to serve meals for curbside pickup at locations throughout Denver. Breakfast and lunch will be available for curbside pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Unfortunately, weekend meals will no longer be available as of Aug. 24. Students do not need to be present to pick up meals – you just need to provide each student’s name, school and student ID number. Additional meals for students who are not eligible for free- and reduced-price meals, non-DPS students, and adults can be purchased. Families can apply for student meal benefits here. Please see the list of current meal locations, as well as meal locations offering service starting Aug. 24.
- Please call all absences into our attendance line at 720-424-9797. This will be checked daily.
- Families have until September 18th to make a final enrollment decision for their students, whether they prefer a virtual program or as much in-person learning as health conditions permit. As a reminder, families can select their preferred option on the Parent Portal or by contacting their school. If you are staying with the choice you made during registration, you do not need to go into the portal and change anything.
- 4th grade is looking for an electrical engineer parent that would be willing and able to speak to our 4th grade class via zoom about their occupation. If interested please email Mrs. Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
- DoTS has been working with CenturyLink in regards to the issue of slow internet speeds on Chromebooks and have narrowed it down to newer modems that have built-in security features. CenturyLink has created an email address specifically to provide customer service for families who may be experiencing slow network speeds on their DPS-issued Chromebooks. For any families continuing to experience these issues, please have them email email@example.com for continued troubleshooting on their end.
- PTSO meetings will be the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm
- This is the Link for the Zoom
- SAVE THE DATE! The Asbury Fall Fun Run will be on Sept. 26th from 9am – 12pm. Join us as our community comes together for a socially distanced walk/run through the Asbury neighborhood. More details to come! Here is the letter format for your students to request donations.
- In these challenging times of remote learning, the staff at Asbury has risen up to meet the needs of our students and continue to build the strong community we all love! We are SO fortunate to have such caring teachers and staff at Asbury and it’s time we show them some love. Our teachers CAN do virtually anything and this month we are going to show them our appreciation…virtually!
- Each Friday in the month of September, we are asking your family to complete a small task that will make a BIG difference. Please mark your calendars and look out for more updates to come!
- Friday, September 18th: Use FlipGrid to record a video message. Use this link: We love Asbury teachers because…
- Friday, September 25th: Your Choice! Reach out to your teachers in some way to say thank you! 🙂
- Dine Out Dates to be listed on the upcoming dates:
- Birdcall – 9/22/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 30% donation
- Devour The Sweet Spot – Week of 9/28 – 10/4 – WEEK LONG EVENT – 20% donation
- Chipotle – 10/13/20 – 5-9pm, DU Location only – 33% donation
- Morgan’s Liquors – 10/31 (Halloween!) – ALL DAY – Spend $1-$49 (10% donation), $50-$99 (15% donation), $100+ (20% donation)
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
- ADVOCACY UPDATE: Hello! In light of the new return to school plan that has been announced by DPS and Principal FaJohn, we will not be sending a group letter to advocate for an earlier return to in-person learning. Kinder, 1st and MI students will all return early, and the rest of the students will return after October break on 10/21.
- If you are still interested in sending an individual letter to the DPS Board and Superintendent Cordova, or if you would like to sign up to speak during public comment at the Board meeting next week please follow this LINK. The next regular board meeting will be on Thursday, Sept. 24th at 4:30, with public comment beginning at 5:30.
- For any advocacy issues or questions please contact Kristi Leech at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
9/26 Asbury Fall Fun Run
9/28 NO SCHOOL – District Planning Day
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Asbury Fall Fun Run Flyer
Cub Scouts Flyer
Bird Call Dine and Donate Flyer