Thursday Folders, September 11, 2020
Posted September 10, 2020
The past few months have brought a great deal of uncertainty to families. We wanted to make sure you have the resources you need right now. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any support from the school we are here to support you and your family.
- Please follow this link to review the district’s COVID metric system for returning safely
- Here are technology resources provided by DPS for internet and online safety practices.
- Free Covid-19 testing
- Here are food resources from DPS. Also, if you need weekly food from our backpack program here at Asbury, please follow the links below or email the team:
- Mental Health Resources:
- Mental Health Center of Denver (MHCD)
Psychological evaluations, medication, counseling
4455 E 12th Ave, Denver CO 80220
- Maria Droste Counseling Center
Provides play-based counseling for children
1355 S. Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222
- September 17th is COUNT DAY! All students need to be in attendance on this day in order for Asbury to receive financial support for your child. Please make sure all of your students log onto class this day (well, every day 🙂 ). Thank you!
- Denver Public Schools will continue to serve meals for curbside pickup at locations throughout Denver. Breakfast and lunch will be available for curbside pickup from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. Unfortunately, weekend meals will no longer be available as of Aug. 24. Students do not need to be present to pick up meals – you just need to provide each student’s name, school, and student ID number. Additional meals for students who are not eligible for free- and reduced-price meals, non-DPS students, and adults can be purchased. Families can apply for student meal benefits here. Please see the list of current meal locations, as well as meal locations offering service starting Aug. 24.
- Please call all absences into our attendance line at 720-424-9797. This will be checked daily.
- Families have until mid-September to make a final enrollment decision for their students, whether they prefer a virtual program or as much in-person learning as health conditions permit. In the next few weeks, we will share information on COVID-19 risks and the health guidelines we will be using, as well as a more specific deadline for families to make their final enrollment decision for the first semester. As a reminder, families can select their preferred option on the Parent Portal or by contacting their school.
- Please join Mrs. FaJohn or Mrs. Doung for a weekly town hall. Monday, September 14th @ 5:00
- We will address your questions and concerns as best we can during this zoom meeting.
- Please follow this link to join (passcode: eagles). Town halls will be on Mondays at 5 pm.
- Mrs. Ravel will also be there to talk through some of the platforms that we are using and give you some tips and tricks. Please submit any questions that you might have to this padlet. You can also ask questions live! Hope to see you there!
- PTSO meetings will be the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30 pm
- This is the Link for the Zoom
- SAVE THE DATE! The Asbury Fall Fun Run will be on Sept. 26th from 9 am – 12 pm. Join us as our community comes together for a socially distanced walk/run through the Asbury neighborhood. More details to come!
- In these challenging times of remote learning, the staff at Asbury has risen up to meet the needs of our students and continue to build the strong community we all love! We are SO fortunate to have such caring teachers and staff at Asbury and it’s time we show them some love. Our teachers CAN do virtually anything and this month we are going to show them our appreciation…virtually!
- Each Friday in the month of September, we are asking your family to complete a small task that will make a BIG difference. Please mark your calendars and look out for more updates to come!
- Friday, September 4th: Email your teacher a thank you note!
- Friday, September 11th: Draw or create a picture of your teacher. Take a picture of your masterpiece and upload to your SeeSaw classroom.
- Friday, September 18th: Use FlipGrid to record a video message. Use this link: We love Asbury teachers because…
- Friday, September 25th: Your Choice! Reach out to your teachers in some way to say thank you! 🙂
9/26 Asbury Fall Fun Run
9/28 NO SCHOOL – District Planning Day
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Asbury Enrichment Opportunities
Asbury Fall Fun Run Flyer
Papa John’s School Night FUNdraiser
***iStation Information ONLY for those using personal devices (scroll down) – Note: Parents who do not have automatic updates enabled for their device will need to navigate to the device’s application store (e.g., Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Chrome Web Store) to download the latest version. School Chromebooks and ipads will automatically update.