Thursday Folders, October 8, 2020
Posted October 8, 2020
Thank you to all of the families who reached out to say thank you and send their love in support of my decision to transition out of Asbury in January. Decisions like these are never made easily and I appreciate your support! I have had an amazing 6 years at Asbury and I know that I am leaving Asbury with a strong vision and community that will carry on long after I go. I am excited for Ms. Doung to get to know you all, and your students, even more. Please join her on Tuesday, 10/13 at 8:30 – 9:15 or Thursday night, 10/15 from 5:00 -5:45 for “Tea with Mrs. Doung.” She welcomes all of you to a zoom to get to know a little more about who she is and her leadership path. Here is the Zoom link.
- Student return schedule:
- 10/21 2nd-5th all classes
- A reminder that neck gators are NOT allowed as masks at school
- Please call the Attendance line (720)424-9797 if your student will be absent from class (for in-person AND remote).
- All fall conferences will take place over zoom this year. Please look for messaging from your grade level teachers. Conferences will be held up until 11/20.
- Town Hall this week will support 2nd- 5th-grade families with return to school questions. Please follow this link to join us and use this padlet to ask questions!
- As we prepare for 2nd – 5th-grade return, please review these guidelines for arrival and dismissal. We will also have created the attached map for you to know which entrance and exit to use for your student.
- This link will direct you where to sign up to be a Gatekeeper Helper (support staff and students on the playground to social distance and remain 6ft apart)
- Here is the link to the form for where you would like to pick your student up from school Monday-Friday. Please fill this out so we know where your kiddo should be at the end of the day! Please complete this by 10/21.
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign-in/out QR code on the office door you can use.
- Dine Out:
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- Chipotle – 10/13/20 – 5-9pm, DU Location only – 33% donation (Flyers attached)
- Morgan’s Liquors – 10/31 (Halloween!) – ALL DAY – Spend $1-$49 (10% donation), $50-$99 (15% donation), $100+ (20% donation)
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
- PTSO meetings will be the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30 pm
- This is the Link for the Zoom
- Open Positions for Room Supporters (formally called Room Parents) Would you like to support classroom teachers while getting to know fellow families in your children’s class or grade? Then, being a Room Supporter is a great job for you! This year, the role of a Room Supporter looks different than years past, but it is even more important to ensure that communication and community building is at the forefront. If you would like to learn more about being a Room Supporter and would like to see the revised Room Supporter Handbook during this time of Covid-19, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, @ email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you!
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- No Brainer Fundraisers – Box Tops for Education – Download the Box Tops for Education app. Once your account is set up, just upload your receipt whenever you purchase products with the Box Top label. Asbury will get $.10 for each box top. Every little bit adds up! Go to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ for details on the program.
- Asbury Fall Flash Sale! The PTSO had some great auction items leftover from the Spring Wing that never happened last year because of COVID and we didn’t want you to miss out! We will be having a quick online auction from now until October 16th – check it out at the link below. Happy bidding and good luck! https://charityauction.bid/AsburyFallFlashSale
- We have a new Advocacy Page on the Asbury website where you can find information about how to get involved and make your voice heard! Check it out HERE!
10/13 Tea with Mrs. Doung (8:15)
10/13 Dine out for Asbury at Chipotle
10/15 Tea with Mrs. Doung (5:00)
10/16, 10/19, 10/20 NO SCHOOL
10/31 – Dine out for Asbury at Morgan’s Liquors
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Chipotle Dine Out Event
Chipotle Dine Out Event (Spanish)
October Breakfast Menu
October Lunch Menu
Updated Chess Wizards