We are excited to celebrate with kids tomorrow. A few reminders for tomorrow’s celebration:
- Students CAN wear costumes to school (no masks or face paint)
- We will not host a parade but will send videos and pictures out!
- Celebrations will happen in classrooms at the end of the day
Again, thank you all for your grace and patience with all of these transitions and obstacles we have been met with. There aren’t enough words to express how heartbroken we are. We have loved every minute of the past few in-person days – seeing our kids laugh, play, socialize, and learn. We have loved seeing our in-person parents again as well. We know that the next few weeks will be difficult as another transition is faced by each family. Please know that we are here to support your learner, both at home and in the building. We will continue to fine-tune our systems to meet the needs of those struggling to engage online and support the children in front of us. To support students transitioning or at home, please share this video with your students. Have a great weekend.
- Birthday Treats: Please send in a special book or share for birthdays, we will not be doing treats this year.
- Remote and 3-5 families: Please call the office to schedule a time to pick up school supplies for your child for the next Quarter.
- 3-5 students will be bringing their chromebook and neoprene case home with them tomorrow. We know some students use their personal device at home, but we are still sending a device home with every student regardless of that. Please keep the devices safe at home. Please make sure you have the power cord at home and let us know if that is not the case.
- Picture Day will be rescheduled for the spring!
- ANY AND ALL COVID questions should be directed to the Nurse’s office at 720-424-9755
- If a student is going to be picked up by someone that isn’t their parent/legal guardian, please call the office and let Maggie know who to put on your pick up list.
- Please call the Attendance line (720)424-9797 if your student will be absent from class (for in person AND remote).
- School Breakfast and Lunch Menus can be found in theDPS School Cafe – https://www.schoolcafe.com/menus/0 (just go in as a guest – don’t worry about making an account and adding your kids. You need to choose Asbury as the school to see our menu options for each day. If you have a student at another school, you can switch schools as a guest and see their menu. Also at the bottom of the Thursday folders there is the October Breakfast and Lunch Menus to print out or reference too..
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign in/out QR code (please bookmark in case you do not bring your phone) on the office door you can use.
- Dine Out:
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- Morgan’s Liquors – 10/31 (Halloween!) – ALL DAY – Spend $1-$49 (10% donation), $50-$99 (15% donation), $100+ (20% donation) FLYER ATTACHED
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- The Asbury Backpack Program Needs Your Help!
Sign Up Here to help support Asbury families with food boxes.
- PTSO meetings will be the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm. This is the Link for the Zoom.
- Open Positions for Room Supporters (formally called Room Parents) Would you like to support classroom teachers while getting to know fellow families in your children’s class or grade? Then, being a Room Supporter is a great job for you! This year, the role of a Room Supporter looks different than years past, but it is even more important to ensure that communication and community building is at the forefront. If you would like to learn more about being a Room Supporter and would like to see the revised Room Supporter Handbook during this time of Covid-19, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, @ email@example.com. I look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for Room Supporters to support our wonderful staff and students. You will notice that we created the role of Support Staff Supporter and Specials Staff Supporter to ensure that all staff and students receive the help they deserve. If you are interested in learning more about the role, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your Support!
Here are the classes and teams where we are looking for support:
4th Grade – Ms. Van Sant : 5th Grade – Mr. Altenburger : Support Team Supporter (supports MM, GT, ELD, Intervention, and Psychology) : Specials Team Supporter (supports Music, Technology, P.E., and Art)
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- We have a new Advocacy Page on the Asbury website where you can find information about how to get involved and make your voice heard! Check it out HERE!
10/31 – Dine out for Asbury at Morgan’s Liquors
11/3 – CSC Meeting at 5pm via Zoom
11/3 – PTSO Meeting at 6pm via Zoom
11/10 – Dine out for Asbury at Chook (ALL DAY)
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!