Thursday Folders, October 1, 2020
Posted: Oct 01, 2020
Students came back this week in person, and virtually, and it was amazing. Children were so aware of the social distancing rules, zombie arms, airplane arms, lunch outside, new recess rules. I am so impressed with your students! Please continue to reinforce these rules at home so we can support the same messaging. Thank you!
- Student return schedule:
- 10/5 Barros and Malara (1st return)
- 10/6 Bruyere (all Kinder-1st in building now)
- 10/21 2nd grade – 5th-grade return
- All students will return for a full day, 8:15 – 2:45
- Children may arrive at 8:05 for a health screener and breakfast
- This link will direct you where to sign up to be a Gatekeeper Helper (support staff and students on the playground to social distance and remain 6ft apart)
- Here is the link to the form for where you would like to pick your student up from school Monday-Friday. Please fill this out so we know where your kiddo should be at the end of the day! Please complete this by 10/21.
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign in/out QR code on the office door you can use.
- A reminder that no students at Asbury will receive bus transportation this year unless they qualify for an IEP.
- 4th grade is looking for an electrical engineer parent that would be willing and able to speak to our 4th grade class via zoom about their occupation. If interested please email Mrs. Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
- All families!!! Please fill out this new Device Inventory Form to double-check what device you have at home. Please fill this out for each of your students even if you are using a personal device. Thank you so much!
- PTSO meetings will be the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm
- This is the Link for the Zoom
- We have some important votes coming up regarding the budget and revision of the bylaws. SInce only paid members can vote we encourage you to join by next week so your vote will be counted! Here is the link to join so that you can become a member today! https://forms.gle/ZWrErZaSunybMMEo9
- Step Up for Asbury was a huge success! It was so wonderful seeing our community celebrating together in a safe way and having fun. Thank you to all of the station hosts for creating entertaining and safe ways to gather. Thank you to the Asbury staff for joining us, and thank you to everyone who participated. We are all part of such an incredible community.
The average amount of steps that our Asbury Eagles took during our Step Up For Asbury Week was 46,341 steps!!! As of today, we have raised over $6,000 for our school. We doubled our goal and it’s not too late to donate. Way to go, Eagles!!!
- The Asbury Merchandise Store is OPEN! Looking for some Asbury spirit gear? We’ve got you covered! From now through October 7th, the shop is open and is filled with t-shirts, hoodies, masks, hats and more! You may choose to pick your items up or have them shipped directly to your house. There is a 2 week lead time on orders. After this purchasing window, the shop will reopen again in late November before the holiday season!
Head to the merchandise store to make your purchases: https://asbury-merch.ecwid.com/ If you should have any questions, please reach out to Crystal Cervantez-Tkac at email@example.com. And a special thanks to Igor’s T-shirts for helping sponsor our merchandise store!
- Open Positions for Room Supporters (formally called Room Parents) Would you like to support classroom teachers while getting to know fellow families in your children’s class or grade? Then, being a Room Supporter is a great job for you! This year, the role of a Room Supporter looks different than years past, but it is even more important to ensure that communication and community building is at the forefront. If you would like to learn more about being a Room Supporter and would like to see the revised Room Supporter Handbook during this time of Covid-19, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, @ firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with you!
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- No Brainer Fundraisers – Box Tops for Education – Download the Box Tops for Education app. Once your account is set up, just upload your receipt whenever you purchase products with the Box Top label. Asbury will get $.10 for each box top. Every little bit adds up! Go to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ for details on the program.
- Dine Out:
- Our Dine Out Program has already raised over $1,000 this school year in just two events! THANK YOU!
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- Devour The Sweet Spot – Happening Now! 9/28 – 10/4 – WEEK LONG EVENT – 20% donation when you mention Asbury (see flyer below)
- Chipotle – 10/13/20 – 5-9pm, DU Location only – 33% donation
- Morgan’s Liquors – 10/31 (Halloween!) – ALL DAY – Spend $1-$49 (10% donation), $50-$99 (15% donation), $100+ (20% donation)
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
10/6- CSC Meeting 5pm – 6pm
10/6 – PTSO Meeting 6pm – 7pm
10/13 – Dine out for Asbury at Chipotle
10/16, 10/19, 10/20 NO SCHOOL
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Sweet Spot Dine Out
October Breakfast Menu
October Lunch Menu
Updated Chess Wizards