Thursday Folders – November 5, 2020
Posted November 5, 2020
Alicia and I wanted to take a moment of gratitude. We realize just how much change and pivoting we have had to do over the last 7 months. Each time we go through another change we prioritize safety, instruction, and the social-emotional needs of our entire community. Despite our individual situations we continue to come together because we know we must. We just want to take a moment and acknowledge you, your thoughtfulness, and your support of our students.
Jeanna & Alicia
- Progress reports will be available end of the day tomorrow 11/6 through the Parent Portal.
- Remote and 3-5 families: Please call the office to schedule a time to pick up school supplies for your child for the next Quarter.
- Please make sure your child’s mask fits over their nose.
- ANY AND ALL COVID questions should be directed to the Nurse’s office at 720-424-9755
- If a student is going to be picked up by someone that isn’t their parent/legal guardian, please call the office and let Maggie know who to put on your pick up list.
- Please call the Attendance line (720)424-9797 if your student will be absent from class (for in-person AND remote).
- Here are the notes from the CSC meeting on 11/3.
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign-in/out QR code (please bookmark in case you do not bring your phone) on the office door you can use.
- Dine Out:
- Upcoming Dine Out Dates:
- Chook – 11/10/20 – ALL DAY, Pearl Street location only – 20% donation
- Papa John’s – 12/10/20 – ALL DAY, ALL LOCATIONS – 20% donation
- The Asbury Backpack Program Needs Your Help!
Sign Up Here to help support Asbury families with food boxes.
- PTSO meetings will be on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm. This is the Link for the Zoom.
- Open Positions for Room Supporters (formally called Room Parents) Would you like to support classroom teachers while getting to know fellow families in your children’s class or grade? Then, being a Room Supporter is a great job for you! This year, the role of a Room Supporter looks different than years past, but it is even more important to ensure that communication and community building is at the forefront. If you would like to learn more about being a Room Supporter and would like to see the revised Room Supporter Handbook during this time of Covid-19, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, @ firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for Room Supporters to support our wonderful staff and students. You will notice that we created the role of Support Staff Supporter and Specials Staff Supporter to ensure that all staff and students receive the help they deserve. If you are interested in learning more about the role, please email Meaghan McCabe, the Room Supporter Coordinator, at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!
Here are the classes and teams where we are looking for support:
4th Grade – Ms. Van Sant: 5th Grade – Mr. Altenburger: Support Team Supporter (supports MM, GT, ELD, Intervention, and Psychology) : Specials Team Supporter (supports Music, Technology, P.E., and Art)
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- We have a new Advocacy Page on the Asbury website where you can find information about how to get involved and make your voice heard! Check it out HERE!
11/10 – Dine out for Asbury at Chook (ALL DAY)
11/20, 11/23-11/27 – Thanksgiving Break/No school
12/10 – Dine out for Asbury at Papa John’s (ALL DAY)
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated) – bookmark this!
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
Dine Out at Chook