Thursday Folders November 19th, 2020
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
We hope you have a wonderful break and are able to enjoy all of the joys that come with the holiday. We are truly grateful for your support, flexibility and love over the past few months. We know the transition back to remote will bring obstacles and challenges but please know we will continue to be here to problem solve, brainstorm and support as best we can. Thank you for everything!
- ANY AND ALL COVID questions should be directed to the Nurse’s office at 720-424-9755
- Please call the Attendance line (720)424-9797 if your student will be absent from class (in person AND remote).
- If your child is in quarantine for an extended period of time (3 days or more) they may log on to the remote class supports.
- If your child is absent for less than 3 days due to travel, a minor cold, or other extenuating circumstance please reach out to your teacher for communication but remote centers are available during this time.
- No adults will be allowed past the office unless there is a student emergency. If your student is arriving late or leaving early there is a sign-in/out QR code (please bookmark in case you do not bring your phone) on the office door you can use.
- Community Evening 12/8: Steele will be hosting a virtual community evening event on December 8th from 6:00 – 7:30. A Queer Endeavor will discuss creating safe and inclusive schools for LGBTQ students. You can read more about their work here.
- DPS is providing free weekday breakfast and lunch meals to any child 18 years or younger at curbside locations throughout the city. Pickup is available M-F 11:00 am – 1:00 pm unless otherwise noted. Learn more at www.dpsk12.org/food-distribution and see the flyers below.
- The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Features include:
- Asbury’s own online store, with a large selection of titles, at the right price points.
- A Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the magic of the school shopping experience. Browse titles by grade, meet popular authors and discover the comfort and joy of our Fair.
- Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site: November 30th – December 12th. Here is the link to the Fair site. We can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
- We are looking for a kind donation of some cases of water!
- November Teacher Appreciation – “Get a Thanks, Give a Thanks”
Let’s show some gratitude to our awesome Asbury staff this November!
Here’s how you can help:
- Write a thank you note, draw a picture, or write an email and give or send it to your teacher the week of November 16th-20th.
- Choose one other staff member to thank in the same way!
- Please use this link to record a video about why you love our Asbury community.
- Calling All Community Builders! We are looking for parents who are interested in hosting Zoom get-togethers and activities during this time of “safer-at-home”. Since in-person gatherings are not possible, we are hoping to bring our community together virtually. Let us know if you can help! Please contact Meaghan McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up as a host.
- Do you have a specific skill set you would like to share? Like teaching yoga, meditation, cooking, science, or a craft?
- Are you interested in creating a community Zoom group that meets to enjoy a topic together like a book club, a knitting club, or a movie club?
- Are you a social butterfly and would like to lead a group in playing games via Zoom? Examples include Pictionary, Bingo, Scattergories, trivia, Name, Place, Animal, Thing, and Heads Up! These events could be adults only, families, or students only.
- Would you like to host a Zoom Happy Hour or Coffee Talk for other parents in your grade to give adults a chance to get to know each other?
- Do you have a background in parent education or mental health? Would you be interested in leading a Zoom call on a topic that supports our adults as they work and live with their children during this time?
- New and different ideas are also welcome!!
Here are some upcoming Zoom events:
Wellness Wednesday Mental Health with Maren Willins – Wednesday, 12/2, 4:00-4:40pm
(Open to Asbury Students)
Zoom Info: Meeting ID: 859 5531 7056 Password: Health
1st Grade Happy Hour/Minute to Win It – Thursday, 12/3, 7-8pm
Zoom Info: will be sent via School Deets to 1st-grade families
Asbury Adult Yoga with Catherine Cole – Saturday, 12/5, 9-10am
Zoom Info: Meeting ID: 970 1715 5946 Password: yoga
3rd Grade Happy Hour/Minute to Win It – Sunday, 12/6, 7-8pm
Zoom Info: will be sent via School Deets to 3rd-grade families
- PTSO meetings will be on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:00-7:30pm. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, December 1st and we will be mixing it up a bit! Join us for some holiday fun and a prize drawing for those who attend! This is the Link for the Zoom.
- The Asbury Backpack Program Needs Your Help!
Sign Up Here to help support Asbury families with food boxes.
- Business Sponsor Are you interested or do you know someone interested in being a Business Sponsor? Now is the time to support Asbury students and staff while promoting your product or service. You’ll also receive the benefit of a tax write off. Please contact Andrea Cocking or Kelly Smith to get signed up and get your banner up!
- We have a new Advocacy Page on the Asbury website where you can find information about how to get involved and make your voice heard! Check it out HERE!
11/20, 11/23-11/27 – Thanksgiving Break/No school
12/1 – PTSO Meeting – Holiday Happy Hour! – 6:00-7:30pm
12/10 – Dine out for Asbury at Papa John’s (ALL DAY)
Technology Resources from Mrs. Ravel (updated)
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Seesaw for Parents
DPS Meal Distribution-English Spanish
DPS Meal Delivery-English Spanish
Elementary Digital Book Fair Flyer Custom