Thursday Folders – May 5, 2022
Posted May 5, 2022
Happy Thursday Eagle Families,
This week we have all felt the outpouring of love and appreciation from each and every one of you! We are so thankful for each of the thoughtful days of staff appreciation! Everything from the coffee to the popcorn to the food has really made us feel like stars!
Thanks so much for all you do to make everyone feel special!
The Asbury Staff
- Bell Times for 22/23: Since Asbury shifted bell times at the start of this year, our bell times will remain the same for the 22/23 school year. We will start at 7:40 and end at 2:40. After getting input from the community and staff, we learned that as a community, we preferred keeping our current start time over a later start time.
- Asbury’s 22/23 SY Calendar: Here is Asbury’s 22/23 school year calendar. As you can see, we have one release day per month and all the release days are backed up to a weekend or a long weekend.
- SUMMER SCHOOL INFORMATION: Summer Connections is a FREE full day, 6 week program available in all DPS regions for ALL rising 1st-5th grade students that combines literacy, math, and science. Students will engage in hands-on enrichment experiences in STEM, Art and Spark Career Exploration. Students may receive individual or small group tutoring.
- How to Register: Registration is open from Jan. 24 through Apr. 29, 2022.
- 1. Log into your Parent Portal account
- 2. Select “Summer Connections” in the top navigation bar
- 3. Fill out the application
- 4. Submit the application
- Click here for Parent Portal technical support.
- See the below flyer for more information.
- Asbury Community Gardening Day: Tuesday, May 17th
- As the birds begin to sing and the flowers bloom, we would like to help our Asbury gardens bloom, too! We are looking for community help on Tuesday, May 17th to help weed and prep our different garden beds for new life this spring. If you are interested in helping, please see the sign up genius below. We are also looking for someone (or 2 someones!) with a truck to go to Veterans Park (at Iowa St. and Vine St.) between 8am and 2 pm on Saturday, May 14th to collect free compost during Denver’s Mulch Giveaway 2022. You must bring your own shovel to gather the mulch in your truck bed and then deliver it to Asbury grounds before the 17th. Other donation requests are listed in the sign up genius. Thanks for all of your support!
- Read the May Edition of The Eagle Times
- Spring Art Newsletter from Ms. Werner
- Art Studio Needs/Wants – Sanded Grout (any color), Old Picture/Art Frames, scrap wood for surfaces to paint and mosaic
- Virtual Art Show 2022 – click to view the virtual show!!!! Great job Ms. Werner and 4th and 5th grade students.
- SPRING WING TICKETS ARE ON SALE and TODAY (5/5) IS THE LAST DAY FOR EARLY BIRD PRICING…BUY THEM NOW AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE! You can buy your tickets here: fundraiser.bid/asburysw22 . Spring Wing is an adults only event celebrating our community and benefiting Asbury. Tickets will include appetizers, a dessert bar, cocktails, entertainment, an auction (+ our popular community experiences) and lots more! Did we mention this year’s theme is Be Kind, Rewind…Back to the 90’s?! Dress your flyest and we’ll see you there! Also, feel free to invite family and friends who want to revisit this epic decade! See flyer below for more details.
- Raffle Tickets for Sale! 50/50 raffle tickets and the “staff getaway drawing” tickets are for sale on the playground before and after school. Tickets must be purchased in person! $5 = 1 Ticket or $20 = 5 Tickets. Cash, Check and Venmo accepted. You do not have to attend Spring Wing to buy or win!
- Our next dine out event is with Chipotle on 5/10/22 from 5pm – 9pm at 1644 East Evans Ave. Valid on dine in, take out and online orders using code J2YWJL4. Be sure to show the attached flyer at checkout!
- Interested in a summer bike or trail camp for your kiddo? Pedalheads is open for registration! There is also a scholarship program you can apply for HERE!
- Summer Reading Book Give-Away!
- Summer Music Camp Opportunity
- Maestro Music Institute is a local music school with locations in Denver and Arvada offering instrumental and vocal music lessons as well as Summer Camp and other fun classes.
- Starting in June, we’re offering a series of 5-week ensemble intensives: Drum set Proficiency; Chamber Music for Strings; Theater Intensive; and Rock band. These classes will be held on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings. Registered students will be placed in small ensemble groups with students of similar ability and musical experience. Discounts are available for students that sign up for more than one class or that bring a friend or sibling.
- Then in July, Summer Theater Camp returns! We are pleased to announce this year’s theater camp will be Seussical. Campers ages 6 to 17 are encouraged to register for this exciting, intensive two-week camp. This camp is designed to give students an all-access pass to the wonderful world of musical theater culminating with a full production on Friday, July 29th at 4:30pm.
- For more information visit www.maestromusicinstitute.com or call at 720-251-2157.
- Summer Musical Theater Camp
- 5/6 – Asbury Non-Student Contact Day
- 5/10 – Dine Out event with Chipotle (Evans location only – 33% giveback)
- 5/13 – Asbury Talent Show 1:00-2:30pm
- 5/14 – SPRING WING EVENT
- 5/16 – ALL LIBRARY BOOKS DUE
- 5/17 – Asbury Community Garden Day
- 5/19 – Great Guinea Pig Race @ 2pm
- 5/20 – Asbury Field Day
- 5/20 – Kona Ice at Asbury Blacktop (20% giveback)
- 5/30 – No School – Memorial Day
- 6/3 – Last Day of School – Half Day
Logging in to a Chromebook
Parent Guide to Chromebooks
Spring Wing – How to buy tickets!
Chipotle Dine Out Spanish
SkateCity Beach Party
STEM Camp Flyer
Merrill MS Jamboree
Summer Connections 2022
American Furniture Warehouse